Do you want to learn how to add money to your Venmo account? If so, you're in the right place! If you're familiar with Venmo and have an account already, adding money is easy. All it takes is a few taps of your mobile device.
But if you’re new to Venmo, you might have some questions. Can I add cash money to my Venmo account? At this time, the only way to add money is in the Venmo app. You also might be wondering how to sign into your Venmo account—so we'll cover that as well.
Whether you're new or experienced with Venmo, here's everything you need to know about adding money and signing in. Let's get started!
What Is Venmo & How Does It Work?
Venmo is a safe, simple way to send and receive money from friends and family. It's free to set up an account, and all you need to get started is your name, email address and phone number. You also need a linked bank account or debit card to make transactions.
Once you sign up, you can start sending money to anyone with a Venmo account or by using your contacts list if they've linked their accounts. When sending money, you can add text along with the payment—which makes it fun to pay people back and express yourself while doing it!
Once payment is sent, the recipient will be notified depending on their notification settings. When someone sends you money, you'll be able to view the payment in your Venmo feed as well as in the “transactions” section of your Venmo profile. That way, you'll always know when someone has sent money your way!
Steps to Add Money to Your Venmo Account
Adding money to your Venmo account is easy and can be done directly in the app. Here's how:
1. First, open the Venmo app and tap the "☰" icon in the top left corner.
2. Select "Transfer Money" from the drop-down menu.
3. Tap "Add Money."
4. Finally, enter the amount of money you want to add and tap "Continue." You can enter any whole dollar amount within Venmo's limits, plus applicable taxes and fees.
That's it! Your money will automatically be transferred from your bank account or debit card to your Venmo account; this usually takes one business day or less to complete. Once the transfer is complete, you can start using your Venmo balance to send money to friends or make payments at select retailers on Venmo!
Other Ways to Add Money to Venmo
Not everybody likes to pay with a debit or credit card, but what are your other options if you want to add cash money to Venmo? While you can't currently add physical cash to your Venmo account, there are still plenty of other ways to add money.
Add money to Venmo balance from any eligible Visa or Mastercard debit card, prepaid debit card, or by bank transfers. All you need is the routing number and account number for your bank account. Bank transfers usually take up to three business days to complete.
PayPal Cash plus Account
You can easily link your PayPal Cash Plus account with Venmo and add funds directly from there. To link PayPal Cash Plus:
1. Visit the settings page in the Venmo app and select “Payment Methods”
2. Tap “Add PayPal Cash Plus Account” under “Linked Accounts”
3. Select “Link My PayPal Account”
4. Log in using your PayPal username and password
5. Enter the code sent via text message or email (depending on your settings)
6. Review and accept the terms of linking accounts
Once you've linked your accounts, you can start transferring funds instantly from PayPal into your balance on Venmo with no fees!
How do you transfer money to Venmo?
Adding money to Venmo is easy! The first step is to make sure you’re signed in. If you’re not, simply log in with your email address and/or phone number. Once you’re signed in, you can deposit funds from an eligible debit card, US bank account, or your PayPal account. Here’s how you can transfer money to Venmo:
1. On the Venmo home screen, tap the "☰" icon at the top left and then tap "Transfer Money."
2. Tap “Add Money.”
3. Enter the amount of money that you want to add and select your funding source (either PayPal or a debit card).
4. Enter the required information based on the funding source selected and then review and accept Venmo's terms and fees to finish adding money to your account.
5. Once these steps are complete, Venmo will transfer money into your Venmo balance automatically!
Now that your account is funded, you can use it right away - start paying friends and family quickly and easily!
In conclusion, although Venmo does not currently allow cash transfers, you can still easily add money to your account. All you need to do is login Venmo account and set up your payment method of choice (bank account, credit/debit card, etc.). It's fast and simple, and you'll be ready to make and receive payments in no time!